[Mitai-announce] Ever crave conversation about contentious human rights issues?

Sarah Mountjoy mountjoy at MIT.EDU
Sat Mar 2 17:02:34 EST 2013

MIT Amnesty International is hosting a human rights forum this *Friday,
March 8th* for MIT students. It's happening from 12-2pm in the Bush Room,
and we need some help from you if you're able to give it!

We're looking for students (including you) who are interested in human
rights and might have something to say about specific aspects of human
rights - from women's rights in technical fields to gun control to freedom
of speech at MIT to graduate student freedoms to how technology can
infringe on human rights to whatever you want. We want *student
speakers*to step up and head up conversations about each specific
topic we introduce
for *5-10minutes* before we open up the floor to public questions/response
and pass the microphones around the audience. The benefits are a free hot
lunch as well as other snacks and a chance to participate in animated
discussion with equally contentious-minded people for a couple of hours.

Any topics are acceptable as long as they relevant to MIT students and are
not too political. Speakers would only need to be there for half an hour at
the least, ideally longer than that, and have a lot of drive about whatever
they're talking about.

If you want to speak, or would like to suggest a friend, please contact *
mitai-exec at mit.edu* with your year, major, and a description of your
proposed discussion topic.

Sarah Mountjoy | mountjoy at mit.edu
Massachusetts Institute of Technology | Class of 2014