[Mitai-announce] Reminder: Mock Olympics Opening tomorrow, 6 PM at Park Street!

Leonid Chindelevitch leonidus at MIT.EDU
Thu Jul 26 10:51:30 EDT 2012

Dear fellow Amnesty International members,

As you probably know, July 27th marks the opening ceremony of the Summer
Olympic Games in London. While these games are a celebration of peace,
unity and human potential, they are tarnished by the sponsorship of Dow
Chemical, the company responsible for the ongoing worst industrial disaster
in Bhopal, India. In light of this, on behalf of the International Campaign
for Justice in Bhopal, we would like to invite you to this upcoming event,
for which we hope you will be able to join us.

WHAT: A Mock Olympics Opening Ceremony
WHEN: Friday, July 27th from 6 PM to 7 PM.

WHERE: Starting at the Park Street Station, ending at Kendall Station.

WHY: To represent people from all over the world (Bhopal, India; Vietnam;
Nicaragua; Midland, Michigan; and many other places) whose lives have been
poisoned by Dow Chemical.

It will be a peaceful march with flags and banners representing the
countries that have been affected by DOW's unconscionable and reckless
disasters all throughout the globe.

Please let us know if you are able to make it, or if you have any questions!

In solidarity,

Leonid Chindelevitch.