[Mitai-announce] Divine Strings, a benefit concert for Bhopal - tonight, 6 PM!

Leonid Chindelevitch leonidus at MIT.EDU
Sat May 7 10:06:59 EDT 2011

Dear fellow Amnesty members,

It is my pleasure to invite you to an amazing benefit concert - Divine Strings,
a performance by the young and incredibly talented Aishu Venkataraman, visiting
us from California, and a number of local jazz artists.

Aishu is the youngest person to enter the Berklee School of Music with full
scholarship. Her music (hear samples on our website,
www.boston4bhopal.org/divinestrings) combines elements of jazz and classical
Indian music.

Tickets are on sale at www.brownpapertickets.com/event/169028 until 4 PM - we
are likely to have a sold-out show, so please get yours soon!

All the proceeds from this concert go to support the cause of the survivors of
the 1984 Bhopal disaster (see www.bhopal.net).

WHAT: Divine Strings: A Benefit Concert for Bhopal by Aishu Venkataraman
(violin), Vinod Venkataraman (percussion), Marc Rossi (piano), Bill Urmson
(bass) and Bob Tamagni (drums).

WHEN/WHERE: Today, Saturday, May 7, 6:00 PM. Fenway Center, Northeastern
University  - 77, St.Stephen Street, Boston, MA

WHY: To hear a breathtaking performance by a child prodigy and well-known local
jazz artists, and to support the struggle for justice of the Bhopal survivors.

In solidarity,

Leonid.
--
Please attend our awesome fundraising concert for Bhopal on Saturday, May 7th:
https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/169028 & http://www.boston4bhopal.org/