[Mitai-announce] Invitation: Divine Strings, a benefit concert on May 7!

Leonid Chindelevitch leonidus at MIT.EDU
Wed May 4 14:23:48 EDT 2011

Dear friends,

It is my pleasure to invite you to an amazing benefit concert I am helping
organize. Divine Strings, a performance by the young and incredibly talented
Aishu Venkataraman, visiting us from California, and a number of local jazz
artists.

Aishu is the youngest person to enter the Berklee School of Music with full
scholarship. Her music (of which you can hear a sample on our website,
www.boston4bhopal.org/divinestrings) combines elements of jazz and classical
Indian music.

All the proceeds from this concert go to support the cause of the survivors of
the 1984 Bhopal disaster (see www.bhopal.net).

WHAT: Divine Strings: A Benefit Concert for Bhopal by Aishu Venkataraman
(violin), Vinod Venkataraman (percussion), Marc Rossi (piano), Bill Urmson
(bass) and Bob Tamagni (drums).

WHEN/WHERE: This Saturday, May 7, 6:00 PM. Fenway Center, Northeastern
University  - 77, St.Stephen Street, Boston, MA

WHY: To hear a breathtaking performance by a child prodigy and well-known local
jazz artists, and to support the struggle for justice of the Bhopal survivors.

As an additional incentive, we will be drawing two iPads among all the
attendees! Furthermore, group purchases of 10 tickets give you a 20% discount.

Please come and forward this announcement to your friends who may also be
interested. Tickets are on sale at www.brownpapertickets.com/event/169028.
Looking forward to seeing you there on Saturday,

Leonid.
--
Please attend our awesome fundraising concert for Bhopal on Saturday, May 7th:
https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/169028 & http://www.boston4bhopal.org/