[Mitai-announce] Independent Movie Night, Sunday, Jan 9 @ 5pm

Anahita Maghami azad at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 7 16:43:16 EST 2011

MIT Amnesty International Presents....

Independent Movie Nights are IAP series sponsored by MIT Amnesty focusing on
screening of radical documentaries and films followed by discussion in small
groups. Topics include environment, gender studies, industrialization,
alternative economics, labor politics, etc. The events are on every Sunday at
5-7pm at 2-105 during the month of January.

First Session:
What: Screening of "What a Way To Go: Life at the End of Empire" and discussion
When: Sunday, January 9, 5-7pm
Where: Bldg 2, Room 105 (2-105)
Cost: FREE

Milm description:
A middle class white guy comes to grips with Peak Oil, Climate Change, Mass
Extinction, Population Overshoot and the demise of the Culture of Empire.
Featuring interviews with Daniel Quinn, Derrick Jensen, Jerry Mander, Chellis
Glendinning, Richard Heinberg, Thomas Berry, William Catton, Ran Prieur and
Richard Manning.

Sample movie review from IMBD:
I gave this movie 10 out of 10 not because it is a great documentary or because
it is written so well or because of the editing, etc. but because IT CONTAINS
THE MOST IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT YOU MAY EVER FIND IN A DOCUMENTARY! This
does not mean it is a pleasant experience. On the contrary, I don't think most
people can handle what this move has to say. It is an unflinching look at the
dominant culture currently in place on Earth and how we are on a collision
course with the destiny of our own making.

**Snacks provided.

For More Information Please Visit IAP Calendar:
http://student.mit.edu/searchiap/iap-a638.html