[Mitai-announce] FW: MIT End Violence Book Club, TODAY 5-7pm

Anahita Maghami azad at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 30 06:56:05 EDT 2010

From: end_violence_list-bounces at MIT.EDU [end_violence_list-bounces at MIT.EDU] On
Behalf Of Prassanna Raman [praman at MIT.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 11:43 PM
To: end_violence_list at mit.edu
Subject: [End_violence_list] MIT End Violence Book Club

Hey Everyone,

Our book club is starting up again tomorrow!

For anyone new to the list, the End Violence book club meets once every 2 weeks
on Thursdays from 5-7pm in 4-251 to explore the different types of challenges
faced by women around the world through literature.

Our first meeting of the year is tomorrow and we'd love to see you there! We'll
kick off the meeting with a few announcements and we can talk about what we
want to read this year.

We thought we could start our discussion tomorrow about this:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/21/world/asia/21gender.html?ref=afghanistan

Please email me (praman at mit.edu<mailto:praman at mit.edu>) or Anahita
(azad at mit.edu<mailto:azad at mit.edu>) if you have any questions.

Hope to see you tomorrow. Snacks and drinks will of course be provided.

Best,
Prassanna