[Mitai-announce] This Wed 6:30-9pm Learn about PATS - an NGO working with HIV-positive Children in China

Chen-rei Wan cwan at MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 27 11:41:42 EDT 2010

Hi Amnesty International -

If you are interested in learning how a small NGO works and have passion to
volunteer your time and talent, we invite you to the
General Body Meeting for PATS (Pediatric AIDS Treatment Support)
on Wednesday 9/29, 6:30-9pm
at graduate dorm - Eastgate Penthouse (directions attached)

PATS works with 45 HIV-positive children in rural China. Most of them were
infected by parents who contracted HIV through paid plasma donation. We work
with communities to ensure that these children have comprehensive medical
care, access to life saving HIV/AIDS medications, nutritional support, and
educated caretakers who know how to best meet their needs.

You will be exposed to how the nonprofit world works outside of the school
setting and may even have a chance to go to China to meet some of these
children. Be part of the team to raise $50,000 annually, provide technical
training to community health workers, communicate with Chinese Centers for
Disease Control, foundations, and other public health professionals. Meet
like-minded people who are dedicated to providing the best care and support
to children in need.

We are looking for all different types of talents and new addition. Although
proficiency in Chinese can be a plus, it's by no means required. We look
forward to seeing many of you.

Attached please find the latest newsletter as well as the directions to the
meeting location.

Thanks.
Cherry
MIT Grad Student & Assistant Director of PATS