[Mitai-announce] Fwd: MIT IAP Human Rights Seminar

Julia Yoo juliayoo at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 8 17:23:02 EST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Julie Fahnestock <juliefahnestock at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 1:31 PM
Subject: MIT IAP Human Rights Seminar
To: mitai-exec at mit.edu

Dear Julia,

Hello! I wanted to touch base with you. I will be hosting a discussion about
sex and slavery the next three Tuesdays as part of the IAP classes. I know
that Amnesty does not directly work in these areas, but nonetheless it would
be great to hear about your knowledge and work in the areas of slavery,
sex/human trafficking and even perhaps have someone from Amnesty come to
share with the group. Recently I worked with the International Justice
Mission UK, but I am still learning about the realities of these issues
myself.

Do contact me if you would like to join us or speak with me beforehand. And
do feel free to invite the rest of MIT Amnesty group!

Best,

Julie Fahnestock
Justice Advocate
International Justice Mission UK