[Mitai-announce] Fwd: Upcoming Deadline and IAP Courses: IDEAS Competition/MIT Global Challenge

Elan Pavlov elan at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 29 01:04:06 EST 2010

Elan
---
He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it
is
a fool.
- Albert Camus

----- Forwarded message from kmytty at MIT.EDU -----
    Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 00:39:27 -0500
    From: Kate Mytty <kmytty at MIT.EDU>
 Subject: Upcoming Deadline and IAP Courses: IDEAS Competition/MIT Global
Challenge
      To: Kate Mytty <kmytty at mit.edu>

Hi all --
Happy New Year -- Can you help spread the word?
Cheers / Kate

Have an idea for social good? Working on a project that benefits underserved
communities? Want to build a novel solution to a problem?

The next IDEAS Competition and MIT Global Challenge initial proposal submission
is a week away! -- January 5, 2011 at midnight.

If you are planning to enter this year’s IDEAS Competition and MIT Global
Challenge, the next initial proposal deadline is January 5, 2011. Submit early
and submit often for feedback to strengthen your proposal for your final
submission! This year we’re giving away up to $25,000 per team to help you
pilot your innovative service project.

Submit your Initial Proposal in January and take advantage of Development Grants
that can help you develop your idea and prepare your final proposal to the
judges.

Complete directions for proposal submission are here:
http://globalchallenge.mit.edu/competition/how-to-enter
Thinking about entering? Drop us a note and say hello. We’ll help get you
started: globalchallenge at mit.edu

---
IAP CLASSES on entrepreneurship, IP, innovation, appropriate design, and more
—

Creatively Capture your Field Experience - With words, images, found elements
and mapping
Tue Jan 4, 03-05:00pm, 4-159
We'll give you ways to think about capturing your field experience using
multiple creative processes: visual, written and found elements from your
experience away from home.
 http://globalchallenge.mit.edu/news/view/107
- - - - -

Community Centered Innovation: Insights from Continuum Design
Tue Jan 11, 03-05:00pm, 4-231
 Come learn with Gianfranco, MIT alum Gaurav Rohatgi, and PSC staff as they
share their design sojourn and provide a engaging, hands on design activities
that will prepare you for more productive design experiences in resource scarce
communities.
 http://globalchallenge.mit.edu/news/view/107

- - - - -
Starting Up Your Startup (for Undergrads, Grads, Post-Docs, Faculty members, and
Alumni)
Wed Jan 12, 03-04:30pm, 3-133
 Our panel discussion of Start-Ups will have speakers at various stages in the
Start-Up process from sloppy beginnings to smooth runnings.
http://globalchallenge.mit.edu/news/view/107

- - --  - - -
Intellectual Property Clinic: A roadmap for managing IP
Wed Jan 19, 03-05:00pm, 4-145
 To patent or not to patent, that is a common question at MIT. Find out insights
on IP questions from industry veteran Bruce Horwitz.
 http://globalchallenge.mit.edu/news/view/107

- - - - - - - -
Navigating growth: Managing conflict while building your enterprise
Thu Jan 27, 03-05:00pm, 1-132
Mindy Garber (Course 2, 1982) and Vicky Bennet are both veterans in dispute
resolution who can help prepare young entrepreneurs for a successful
organization-building journey.
http://globalchallenge.mit.edu/news/view/107

Happy New Year!

Kate Mytty  |   IDEAS Competition and the MIT Global Challenge
MIT Public Service Center
kmytty at mit.edu    |   617.715.5474    |    W20-549    |    @mitchallenge

* FIND OUT MORE at OPEN OFFICE HOURS:
Friday: 12pm – 2pm, I’ll be in Lobby 7 at the coffee shop some know as
Bosworth’s.

Be a part of some of the most innovative service projects coming through this
year >
http://globalchallenge.mit.edu

----- End forwarded message -----