[Mitai-announce] Iranian Human Rights Forum at MIT: Movie Screening, Q/A Session & Public Discussion (5-7:30pm, Sunday Sep. 6)

Elan Pavlov elan at MIT.EDU
Sat Sep 5 18:26:02 EDT 2009

                  A Review of Iran Recent History

                          presented by:
                Iranian Human Rights Forum at MIT
     (for the advancement of Democracy & Human Rights in Iran)

                     Sunday, Sep. 6, 2009
                          5:00-7:30pm

                 MIT Multimedia Hall 56-114
                  (Building 56, Room 114)
                   77 Massachusetts Ave
                    Cambridge, MA 02139
  (Map: http://whereis.mit.edu/map-jpg?mapterms=56&mapsearch=go )

This program starts PROMPTLY at 5:00 pm with:
             Screening of "Persepolis" movie
      (an acclaimed 90-min movie by Marjan Satrapi)

continues with short introductions by the representatives of:
         United Nations Association of Greater Boston (UNA-GB)
                      http://www.unagb.org
                              &
       Young Professionals for International Cooperation (YPIC)
                    http://www.unausa.org/ypic

and ends with:
             Open Q/A session and Public Discussions
with the help of  ?Boston Iranians Coalition (B.I.C.)? members.

                              *** Summary ***
As the saying goes: ?To do the right thing, one needs to know the history.?
And to play the right role in the recent movement in Iran, we need to learn
from the history of ?Islamic Republic of Iran (I.R.I.)?, especially the
crimes and human rights violations committed by the regime against its own
people.

Three decades has past since the 1979 revolution in Iran and the fact is the
young generation has never seen/felt what happened then and the middle and old
generations might have forgotten its characteristics.

The acclaimed ?Persepolis? movie by Marjan Satrapi is great source for
reviewing the I.R.I history and its aftermath which covers a wide span of time.
Even if you have seen the movie before, watching it again after the recent human
rights violations in Iran will give you a better prospective of the facts about
the current regime in Iran and what one can do to help the Iranian people at
this time.

                             *** Sponsor ***
                   Boston Iranian Coalition, B.I.C.
     (United front in Boston for Democracy & Human Rights in Iran)

                      with collaborations from:
         United Nations Association of Greater Boston (UNAGB)
                                   &
       Young Professionals for International Cooperation (YPIC)

The "Iranian Human Rights Forum" is held on the FIST Sunday of every month at
5pm at MIT. For updates and details, please visit:
                     B.I.C. Event Page on Facebook:
                    B.I.C. Event Page on Kodoom.com:
 http://events.kodoom.com/en/organizer/Boston-Iranians-Coalition-B-I-3068932

BIC also would like to invite you to take part in an important
     Protest/rally Against the Possible Presence of Ahmadinejad at the UN
which will be held on
                   Sep. 24 and/or Sep.23 in Yew York.
Please mark your calendar and check the following link for more details:
           http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=128187094084

For more information and suggestions please email:
                  Boston Iranians Coalition (BIC)
                      Boston.Iranians at gmail.com

----- End forwarded message -----