[Mitai-announce] Immigration Detention event at Harvard Law School

Bonnie Rubrecht bon_rubrecht at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 10 16:49:30 EST 2009

Hello,

I'm wondering if your group at MIT wouldn't mind passing on this information - I'm a member of the Boston Firefly Project but also work at Harvard Law School and we are hosting a panel on immigration detention that will feature the Northeast Regional Director of Amnesty, Josh Rubenstein, along with a couple of other prominent voices in the discussion about this important issue.  Would you let your group know about this event?  It's free and includes food.

Thanks! - the ad is below if you want to circulate...

Bonnie Rubrecht

Tuesday, November 17 5:30-7pm, Harvard Law School, Pound Hall Room 101:  Please join us for a discussion moderated by Harvard Law Professor Gerald Neuman with panelists Judy Rabinovitz of the ACLU Immigrants' Rights Project, Joshua Rubenstein, Northeast Regional Director of Amnesty International and John Willshire-Carrera, Managing Attorney of the Immigration Unit at Greater Boston Legal Services and Clinical Instructor for the Harvard Immigration and Refugee Clinic. The discussion will include new reforms set by the current administration, due process issues, accessibility and advocacy strategies for the detained.