[Mitai-announce] ll TONIGHT AT COPLEY ll Greening the Economy 25 Years After Bhopal

Jasmine Park jaspark at MIT.EDU
Mon May 11 16:40:37 EDT 2009

Dear Activists,

Check out this event at Copley Square today! Many of you are probably
familiar with our campaigns for Justice in Bhopal. The chemical survivors
have come to Boston all the way from Bhopal, India this month to raise
awareness and promote congressional legislation in the United States. This
is their last event here in Boston. Tomorrow, they will be off to Detroit.
You really don't want to miss this out. Personally, I am just so amazed and
inspired by the survivors' activism and spirit. Come join this amazing
movement tonight!

Please feel free to send me an email if you have any questions. Hope to see
you there!

Greening the Economy 25 Years After Bhopal
Part of the The 25th Anniversary Bhopal Survivors' Tour in Boston

What: Bhopal and Building Green & Just Economies Panel

Bhopal is the site of the world's worst chemical disaster. It is also the
site of a vibrant international movement for justice and a life of dignity
for marginalized people affected by toxic pollution and corporate crime.
Safreen Khan and Sathyu Sarangi have traveled from Bhopal, India to share
their experiences in Bhopal where more than 23,000 people have died due to
toxic disaster; and relate them to our own struggles in Boston and beyond
for safe, healthy communities. The green jobs movement in the US brings an
opportunity for forward thinking that seen also in Bhopal with green income
generation and health care organizing to help sustain the half million
disaster survivors.

When: TODAY  6-8pm

Where: Boston Room, Boston Public Library, Copley Sq. 700 Boylston Street,
Boston, MA

Who:

   - Safreen Khan, Children Against Dow Carbide, Bhopal
   - Satinath Sarangi, Sambhavna Clinic, Bhopal
   - Gladys Vega, Chelsea Collaborative
   - Elizabeth Saunders, Alliance for a Healthy Tomorrow
   - Kristin Urquiza, Corporate Accountability International