[Mitai-announce] Reminder Come to the Genocide in Film Series! Last movie TONIGHT

Elan Pavlov elan at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 28 15:29:58 EST 2009

MIT-STAND (A Student anti-Genocide Coalition) and Amnesty International
and the Westeren hemisphere project  are  sponsoring a film series
focusing on awareness of genocide during IAP. The
movies that we have selected highlight lesser-known episodes and aspects of
genocide in modern history to illustrate that the phenomenon is not insulated
or exclusive to a single group but a recurrent theme of our times that must
be addressed in its various contexts.  We will have dinner and a movie in
6-120 at 6:00PM during the Wednesdays of IAP, finishing tonight!  Extra
details about the individual films can be found below.

  Wed Jan 28, 06-08:00pm, 6-120
  "Las Madres de la Plaza" (1985)
  "Las Madres de la Plaza" (1985) discusses the massive disappearances and
  kidnappings that occurred from 1976-1983 in Argentina during the tumultuous
  rise of a military dictatorship.
  IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089460/