[Mitai-announce] Fwd: 5th Iranian Human Rights Forum at MIT: Free Movie Screening "Stoning of Soraya"(Sun., Dec. 6, 2009 at 5pm)

Julia Yoo juliayoo at MIT.EDU
Thu Dec 3 13:17:39 EST 2009

----- Forwarded message from boston.iranians at gmail.com -----

           Iranian Human Rights Forum at MIT
  (for the advancement of Democracy & Human Rights in Iran)
              presents the FREE Movie screening of:

                    The Stoning of Soraya
         (A highly acclaimed movie based on a True Story!)

                       Sunday, Dec. 6, 2009
                                5-7:30pm
  MIT Lecture Hall 56-114 (Building 56, 1st Floor, Room 114)
             77 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, MA 02139
           (Map: http://whereis.mit.edu/?mapterms=56)
Take the Kendal-MIT T-Station (Red Line) or use any of the MIT parking lots
for
free!

This program starts Promptly at 5:00pm and concludes with a Public
Discussion.

This 5th IHRForum is held in recognition of:
- The UN International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
(Nov.
25),
- the UN International Human Rights Day (Dec.12, 2009)
which also coincides with the 61st anniversary of the UN General Assembly
adoption and proclamation of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights,
- the 6th month commemoration of June 12th Iranian Uprising
(the beginning of the peaceful protests in Iran that were violently
confronted
by the criminal regime of Khamenie-Ahmadinejad),
- and the last but not the least the 16th of Azar Students' Day in Iran
(Dec.
7, 2009).

                          Important Note:
We understand the sensitivity of some of our audience and to respect their
privacy, we do not record any name, picture, and/or video from our audience
during our programs and would like to request the same from you.

                               More Info:
This 2008 highly acclaimed drama movie is adopted from an international
bestseller book with the same title which was written by the French-Iranian
journalist Freidoune Sahebjam in 1994 based on a true story. The film is
directed by Cyrus Nowrasteh and stars Academy Award nominee Shohreh
Aghdashloo, as well as James Caviezel and Mozhan Marnò. This powerful movie
depicts stoning which is one of the inhumane facets of fear imposed by the
modern regime of Iran for imposing its crude power on people.
This movie is not yet released on DVD but we are grateful to the MPower
Pictures
for granting us the opportunity to screen it at this event before
its official release in March 2010.

                       Official Movie site:
                    http://www.thestoning.com
                      Official Movie Trailer:
             http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asH9sUD0A-s

                          Sponsored by:
                 Boston Iranians Coalition (BIC)
    (United front in Boston for Democracy & Human Rights in Iran)
         with thanks and courtesy to MPower Pictures
                (http://www.mpowerpictures.com)

For detailed and updated information about BIC?s past and upcoming events
please visit:

           For suggestions & questions, please Email BIC at:
                      Boston.Iranians at gmail.com