[Mitai-announce] Fwd: FREE MOVIE+DINNER: China and the Environment, TUESDAY 4/7

Julia Yoo juliayoo at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 6 16:55:07 EDT 2009

Reminder--Come join us tomorrow!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Julia Yoo <juliayoo at mit.edu>
Date: Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 6:44 PM
Subject: FREE MOVIE+DINNER: China and the Environment, TUESDAY 4/7
To: mitai-announce at mit.edu

Hello activists,

Mark your calendar for our next movie series event! This very compelling and
urgent topic on China and the Environment addresses how one of the largest
emerging markets is affecting our environment. Susan Murcott will be our
special speaker.

*China and the Environment...*
*TUESDAY April 7*
*6PM*
* ROOM 4-237*

Food will be provided!

Join MIT Amnesty International for a movie and speaker *addressing the
environmental and human effects of rapid industrialization in emerging
markets.* *Susan Murcott*, founder of the “Clean Water for 1 Billion People”
initiative at MIT will be speaking about her involvement in the Chinese
environmental movement as well as the situation there. This will be followed
by a screening of the PBS documentary China from the Inside: Shifting
Nature.

Hope to see you there!

-Julia