[Mitai-announce] Reminder: Genocide and Denial - today

Elan Pavlov elan at MIT.EDU
Thu May 1 07:01:50 EDT 2008

This is just a friendly reminder that this event is tonight. We hope to
see you all!

Elan
----
              "GENOCIDE AND DENIAL"
                          FREE DINNER + LECTURE

 		When: THURSDAY, May 1st from 6-7:30 PM
 	        Where: Room 4-231

Please join MIT STAND (an student anti-genocide coalition) for a
lecture and discussion with Professor Henry Theriault, an expert in
human rights and in the history of genocide and its denial.

Professor Theriault has a wide range of knowledge of denials of past
genocides, from the Armenian Genocide and the Holocaust, to Rwanda,
the former Yugoslavia, the Nanjing Massacre, Cambodia, East Timor, and
various indigenous cases, especially genocides of Native North
Americans.

He will be speaking on how historical instances of genocide can help
guide our present and future approach to such atrocities.