[Mitai-announce] 21L.488: Literature and Development

Karen B Figueroa fig at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 23 23:04:28 EST 2008

A class some of you might be interested in :)

----- Forwarded message from sabrouil at MIT.EDU -----
    Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 22:56:48 -0500
    From: Sarah Brouillette <sabrouil at MIT.EDU>
 Subject: a course at MIT Spring 2008 that might interest students involved with
Amnesty International
      To: mitai-exec at mit.edu

Hello,

I'm a professor in the Literature program here at MIT. The focus of my teaching
and research is contemporary literature, and I am especially interested in the
relationships between literature, human rights, and social justice. This term,
Spring 2008, I'm teaching 21L.488 Contemporary Literature, and the topic I've
chosen as a focus is "Literature and Development." I'd very much like to
attract students who are interested in the global political arena and social
justice issues, and so I am writing to you to ask if you'd forward the
information about my course to your announcement listserv. I am attaching a
course flyer, and here is a link to the stellar site:

http://stellar.mit.edu/S/course/21L/sp08/21L.488/index.html

The class meets Tues and Thurs 1-2.30pm. I am open to relaxing the usual
requirement that students have one 21L course under their belts before taking
an intermediate course (provided they have an interest in the larger set of
issues we'll consider).

Thank you for considering forwarding this material on my behalf. If you have
other suggestions about how and where I should announce the course, I welcome
your input.

Best,
Sarah Brouillette

Sarah Brouillette