[Mitai-announce] Today!!

Karen B Figueroa fig at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 13 16:17:33 EST 2008

Hello,

So, we're having our first official meeting of the semester TONIGHT at 6:00pm in
room 4-146.

YOU SHOULD COME

Because....

1. If you've been to our meetings before but didn't know how to get involved so
you never came back OR if you haven't come to meetings because you don't really
know what you could do, this is your chance! There will be plenty of very direct
ways for you to do stuff in lots of different areas of concern, and we need lots
of people!

2. We're having ELECTIONS tonight. That's a pretty big deal. Again, you can be
involved - we have a lot of positions that need filling and all you have to do
to run is show up and bribe people. Wait, just kidding. (Tasteless humor for an
Amnesty email...) Anyway, Last semester we had more positions than people, so
you'll surely find something that interests you.

3. Because we need to semi-plan for the following semester. If you have any
ideas for events or topics, then come and tell us! We can help you.

....Just take one hour to come and participate. Pleeeeeeeease? And if you don't
have time, make time...

So, if you're still not convinced, then the least you can do is come to our
event on Friday the 15th, 7:00pm in room 4-237:

***Human Rights and Civil War in Somalia: Stories from a Forgotten Country

A lecture by Professor Abdiweli Ali, Assistant Professor of Econ. at Niagara
University.***

Food, as always, will be provided.

Of course, the best thing to do would be to come to both :)

Over and out,

MIT Amnesty