[Mitai-announce] Amnesty events this week (Responsible Investing + Burma Vigil)

Kayvan kayvan at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 1 22:25:45 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Two very important events this week:

1) DEMYSTIFYING RESPONSIBLE INVESTING - A Tool for Human Rights and Beyond

-Morgan Simon, Executive Director of the Responsible Endowments Coalition

Tuesday, October 02, 2007
Time: 6:00p–7:30p
Location: 35-225
(http://whereis.mit.edu/map-jpg?mapterms=35-225&mapsearch=go)

Amnesty International's 2007 Human Rights Lecture Series brings in
speakers during the first week of every month. Next month look for
photojournalist Josh Langley for a lecture on the death penalty (Weds,
Nov 7 at 7pm in 35-225).

2) PEACE VIGIL FOR MYANMAR (BURMA)

MIT Prajnopaya and Amnesty International (MIT Chapter) invites you to a
Peace Vigil in solidarity with those persecuted in the recent violence
in Myanmar (Burma). Now, more than ever, we are called to extend and
demonstrate our sense of care, compassion, and freedom for all.

Silent meditation & prayers for peace led by MIT's Buddhist Chaplain,
Tenzin Priyadarshi, followed by remarks by Rep. Byron Rushing.

Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 8PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Steps of the Main Building
(77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA)
http://whereis.mit.edu/map-jpg?mapterms=77+massachusetts+ave&mapsearch=go

Hope you can join us.

Best,
Kayvan