[Mitai-announce] Support for tomorrow's UA meeting at 8pm

Kayvan kayvan at MIT.EDU
Sun Nov 26 19:24:34 EST 2006

Hi All,

At tomorrow's Undegraduate Association (UA) meeting I will be going up
to ask for UA official endorsement for MIT's divestment from Sudan. I
have included more info on the topic at the bottom of this email.

It would be really great to be have a big turnout of undergrads in
support of this. So if you are an undegrad and support MIT's divestment,
please feel free to come to the UA meeting at 8pm in W20-400 (fourth
floor of the student center).

I'de really appreciate your support.

Thanks!

Kayvan
--
President Hockfield recently asked the Advisory Committee on Shareholder
Responsibility (ACSR) to convene to discuss possible divestment from

http://www-tech.mit.edu/V126/N36/36sudan.html
http://www-tech.mit.edu/V126/N38/38sudanstatement.html

The ACSR in turn is asking for input from the MIT community in order to
gauge surport for such a move. If you'de like to make your voice heard
in support of such a move, please check out the online petition
supporting MIT's divestment:

http://www.petitiononline.com/divest/petition.html

We're hoping present the petition to President Hockfield and the
Advisory Committee at the end on November in preparation for their final
verdict on divestment. Every signature helps!

Thanks.