[Mitai-announce] IAP FILM FESTIVAL: BEYOND RANGOON

Shankar Mukherji mukherji at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 23 17:34:12 EST 2006

Hi everyone,

We'll be continuing with our film festival tomorrow as we see "Beyond Rangoon".
We showed this film a couple years ago, but its relevance (as a film about a
South Asian country struggling to fight a repressive government, much as we
see happening in Nepal right now in front of our eyes) is especially clear
this week.

Bring friends along too so that we can have lots of signatures demanding the
release of Nepali prisoners of conscience who were arrested last Thursday and
Friday in a crackdown leading up to the pro-democracy demonstrations to be held
in Kathmandu on Friday, January 20!

Time: 7pm
Place: 6-120

See you all there.