[Mitai-announce] PBS FRONTLINE on Sex Slaves

Shankar Mukherji mukherji at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 7 14:59:53 EST 2006

Hi all,

Since this is happening before our first meeting of the semester, I wanted to
give everyone a heads up that the award-winning documentary show (as well as
my personal favourite show on television) Frontline will be airing a program
on the trafficking of women and the sex slave trade.  This is one of the
gravest human rights abuses women face, and as such it is an area of major
concern for us as Amnesty International activists.

The details on the show:

Tuesday (2/7) at 9pm on WGBH2
Wednesday (2/8) at 2am and 4am on WGBH44
Wednesday (2/8) at 5am on WGBH2

And some relevant Amnesty links for you to take action at:

"Act Now to End Trafficking in Persons in Kosovo"
http://takeaction.amnestyusa.org/siteapps/advocacy/index.aspx?c=goJTI0OvElH&b=953489&template=x.ascx&action=4720

"Stop Violence Against Women: Actions"
http://www.amnestyusa.org/stopviolence/actions.do

We'll send an e-mail around about when the first meeting of the semester will
be.

Shankar