[Mitai-announce] Raise Money for Amnesty International

Zak Tanjeloff tanjelof at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 12 15:36:02 EDT 2005

My name is Zak Tanjeloff and I am the organizer of a fundraiser called.
"Party for a Cause". "Party for a Cause" was born after a very simple idea.
All student groups have worthy causes, but have trouble raising money for
it.  We thought we could underwrite the costs of this expensive endeavor,
and give student groups a great opportunity to raise money for themselves,
while simultaneously promoting their cause, and at no cost to their
organization.

           You see, we felt very few groups have the capability or the
resources to throw such a huge fundraiser, since a venture such as this is
very costly.  However, we decided that if all the groups could party
together.each one earning money for their respective cause.then everyone
would be able to raise funds, while also having a great time.

         The party will be held Friday, April 29th, at 10PM at  the area's
hottest nightclub for the 21 and up crowd; the Avalon.  In addition, Party
for a Cause ticket holders will also have acess to four other night clubs on
Lansdowne Street: Axis, Envy, Embassy and Mondern. This will be the most
incedible and fun event of the year. This event will be open to everyone
over 18.  Full bar available for everyone over 21.

            So how do student groups raise money?  The way it works is
simple.  The price printed on the tickets is $15. However, all student
groups receive the tickets at only $10.  Then you have students in your
group to sell these tickets for their actual price of $15, making $5 on
every ticket. If you can have every student in your group sell only 5
tickets, your group will be able to make a substantial amount of money, with
very minimal effort.  Every student has a few close friends, and its for a
good cause, and everybody likes to party. These tickets should sell
themselves.

            The great part is that the groups assume no liability or risk.
All we ask is that they sell the tickets.  We take care of the rest.  We are
handling room rental, lights and sound, DJ, security, insurance, bar, room
cleanup, decorations, advertising, and all other costs. Further, the money
you raise is yours to spend in anyway you want. It can be used directly for
your groups expenses, or donated to a charity of your choice (ie Tsunami
Relief, Habitat for Humanity, etc)

            We would really love to have your group participate.  If you are
interested, please contact  <mailto:balewis at fas.harvard,edu>
balewis at fas.harvard,edu to commit your group. We will get you the tickets
ASAP.

ANY MORE QUESTIONS PLEASE EMAIL ME OR VISIT THE WEBSITE
<http://www.party4acause.com/> www.party4acause.com