[Mitai-announce] International Development Fair

Emily C Havens emily13 at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 22 00:44:32 EDT 2004

Hello everyone,

Thanks to all of you who came out for the Sudan event tonight.  I'm very pleased
with the results.  We wrote 35 letters to the Presidents of Sudan and Chad, and
we now have more than 65 names on the petition to the President of Sudan.

Now, though, we need to turn our focus to the International Development Fair
(http://web.mit.edu/idf/) this Friday from 1-3 pm in Lobby 13.  Please let
me know if you can work the booth during that time.  As always, the more
the merrier.

Our next formal meeting will be next Wednesday, 29 September in room 4-253
(same room we were in tonight) at 8 pm.  I'll send out another e-mail closer
to the actual day to remind everyone.

**If you want to complete this week's Urgent Action regarding Luis Alberto
Ramirez Hinostroza and his family go to:

http://www.amnestyusa.org/exe.do?action=ua.actions

You can also keep up-to-date on the crisis in Sudan and other places around
the world by visiting:

http://amnesty.org/
http://www.amnestyusa.org/

Emily, your friendly local Amnesty Secretary