[Mitai-announce] Bhopal Global Day of Action

Emily C Havens emily13 at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 30 12:55:55 EST 2004

Hello everyone,

This Friday marks the 20th anniversary of the Bhopal chemical spill.  Amnesty
and other organizations have organized a number of events to raise awareness
and take action for Bhopal.  You can learn more about the chemical spill at
Amnesty's Business and Human Rights website:

http://www.amnestyusa.org/business/index.do

Specific events in Boston include:

**16th Annual Write-A-Thon.  Old South Church, Copley Square.
  03 December (this Friday!!) 4-7 pm.  Among other letters, there will be
  a petition (and perhaps postcards if we can get them from New York in time)
  to Dow Chemical urging them to clean up the chemical spill (20 years after it
  happened!!) and provide compensation to people still suffering from the
  spill.  Please make every effort to attend.

**Film screening here at MIT.  See information below.

Take care,
Emily, MIT Amnesty Secretary and CAN Coordinator