[Mitai-announce] Reminder: CIS Starr Forum/Natl Security & Civil Liberties/SUNDAY

sarah anderson sarahwa at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 31 11:46:43 EST 2003

Please join us this Sunday:

THE CIS STARR FORUM
M I T    C E N T E R    F O R    I N T E R N A T I O N A L    S T U D I E S

and  The New England Japanese American Citizens League

Congressman Mike Honda (D-CA)
on
"National Security &
Civil Liberties"

Followed by a roundtable discussion with
Congressman Barney Frank (D-MA)
MIT Political Science Professor Kenneth Oye,
Merrie Najimi of the Arab American Anti-Discrimination Committee,
and Margie Yamamoto of the Japanese American Citizens League

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER  2,  2003
2:00 - 4:00 p.m.

The panel will discuss the USA Patriot Act
and other post-9/11 civil liberties issues.
A reception will follow the Forum.

*

MIT Medical Building Auditorium
E 25 (Whitaker Building) / Room 111 / 45 Carleton Street
(half a block from the Kendall T Stop in Cambridge)
online map:
http://whereis.mit.edu/map-jpg?mapterms=E25&mapsearch=go

*

Co-sponsored by: The Arab American Anti-Discrimination Committee, Coalition
for Asian Pacific American Youth, The Harry H. Dow Memorial Legal
Assistance Fund, The Institute for Asian American Studies at UMass Boston,
Organization of Chinese Americans/New England Chapter

In cooperation with: Asian American Resource Workshop, Asian American
Journalists Association/New England, Asian Pacific American Agenda
Coalition, and others

*
CONTACT:  starrforum at mit.edu

Sarah Anderson