[Mitai-announce] CIS Starr Forum: "Iraq: What Now?"/ Fri., Dec. 5/ Wong Auditorium

starrforum starrforum at MIT.EDU
Mon Dec 1 11:57:15 EST 2003

THE CIS STARR FORUM
M I T    C E N T E R    F O R    I N T E R N A T I O N A L    S T U D I E S

and Boston Review

"Iraq: What Now?"

Friday, December 5,  2003
noon - 1:30 p.m.

Stephen Van Evera, moderator
MIT Professor of Political Science
CIS Associate Director

Daniel Benjamin
Senior Fellow, Center for Strategic and International Studies
Co-author, "The Age of Sacred Terror"
National Security Council Staff, 1994-1999 (director of transnational
threats, 1998-99)

Juan Cole
Professor of Modern Middle Eastern and East Asian History, University of
Michigan
Author, "Sacred Space and Holy War: The Politics, Culture and History of
Shi'ite Islam" Author, "The Iraqi Shiites" (Oct/Nov 2003 issue of Boston
Review)
http://bostonreview.net/BR28.5/cole.html

Ivo Daalder
Senior Fellow in Foreign Policy Studies, Brookings Institution
Co-author, "America Unbound: The Bush Revolution in Foreign Policy"
National Security Council Staff, 1995-1996 (coordinated US policy toward
Bosnia)
Ph.D. in Political Science from MIT

M I T's   W o n g   A u d i t o r i u m
Building E51 / Tang Center / 70 Memorial Drive
(near the Kendall T Stop in Cambridge)
online map: http://whereis.mit.edu/map-jpg?mapterms=Tang+Center

CONTACT:  starrforum at mit.edu