[Mit_energy] MIT Energy Lecture Series - "Superconductors and the Future of the Electric Grid" - John Howe, American Superconductor - Thurs 12/3 4-5PM, E40-496

Kurt Keville kkeville at MIT.EDU
Fri Dec 3 15:15:48 EST 2004

This was a good lecture, David. Please thank John again for coming. There
are some interesting structural issues with HTS design and fabrication
right now that may bear some fruit down the road but the price /
performance ratio of this material will never be in the same league as
copper. Then again copper can't carry the current that the AMSC product can
(http://www.amsuper.com/products/htsWire/index.cfm) so maybe this will
compose our grid backbone some day... we are certainly getting into those
usage territories.