[Habitat] Upcoming Build Day Oct 11!

Grace C Lee gracelee at MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 2 22:54:55 EDT 2008

Hello everyone!

There is still space in the upcoming Habitat for Humanity build day on Saturday,
Oct 11 (Columbus Day weekend)!  We will be going to a farm in Bedford, MA, to
help renovate the farm and begin construction of 5 houses on the farm property.
 All of these houses will be built to "green" standards.

**Email me back asap if you would like to come on Oct 11.  Spaces are filling up
fast!  We will give preference to people willing to drive (we will provide
rental cars).**

For each build day, we will meet outside of the student center at 7:30am, and we
will be back on campus by 5pm at the latest.  Build days are completely free!
Food and transportation will always be provided.

Schedule of build days:
Sat, Oct 11 (3 day weekend)
Sat, Nov 8 (4 day weekend)
Sat, Dec 6
Sat, Feb 7
Sat, March 7
Sat, April 4
Sat, May 2

We will almost definitely have two build days per month during the spring
semester; I just can't sign up for a second set of dates yet.  We will be doing
sign-ups for all build dates (except Oct 11) later, as the date approaches.

Also... Introducing the Habitat Executive Board!

President: Grace Lee
Vice President: Clarissa Zimmerman
Treasurer: Michelle Chiu
Fundraising Chair: Allison Dee
Fundraising Committee: Anna Haas, Jessie Agatstein, Lizzy Wei, Leonidia Garbis
Build Day Coordinator: Hannah Farrow
Spring Break Trip Coordinators: Sandra Chen and Jacinda Shelly
Campus Build Coordinator: Ali Sheppard

Again, email me back if you are interested in building on Oct 11.  Drivers will
be given preference.

Cheers,

Grace Lee
MIT Habitat for Humanity Club, President