[miso-users] error when plotting sashimi plot

Lenore Pipes lp364 at cornell.edu
Wed Oct 12 14:16:54 EDT 2016

Hi,

I am receiving this error every time I try to use sashimi_plot:

TypeError: must be encoded string without NULL bytes, not unicode

It saves a plot with read density and spanning reads but there are no
labels and no posterior plot. I tried to use pdb to debug the error
and it says:

  File "/home/lp364/software/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_pdf.py",
line 2046, in get_text_width_height_descent
    font = self._get_font_ttf(prop)
  File "/home/lp364/software/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_pdf.py",
line 2078, in _get_font_ttf
    filename = findfont(prop)
  File "/home/lp364/software/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/font_manager.py",
line 1418, in findfont
    font = fontManager.findfont(prop, **kw)
  File "/home/lp364/software/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/font_manager.py",
line 1297, in findfont
    if not os.path.isfile(result):
  File "/home/lp364/lib/python2.7/genericpath.py", line 29, in isfile
    st = os.stat(path)
TypeError: must be encoded string without NULL bytes, not unicode

Is this an issue with the settings file? I am not sure how to resolve this.

Thanks,
Lenore