[miso-users] question about installing Miso

Yarden Katz yarden at mit.edu
Fri Aug 22 09:10:42 EDT 2014

Hi,

'setup.py install' should not be used for installation.  It's best to use a package manager like "easy_install" which has a local installation option, or to use pip.  These will install the binaries along with the package, and they'll typically go into a directory like "~/.local/bin" -- which you can add to your PATH environment variable.

See: https://pythonhosted.org/setuptools/easy_install.html#use-the-user-option

Yarden

Yarden Katz <yarden at mit.edu>