[miso-users] error processing paired-end data

Yarden Katz yarden at csail.mit.edu
Wed Jan 29 22:48:17 EST 2014

Hi Uma,

MISO does not support mixed read lengths, so that means you have to either trim your FASTQ files to a uniform read length and remap them (you can easily do the trimming with something like fastx-toolkit or similar tools), or trim the read lengths at BAM alignment.  The latter option is tricky as it can be unclear how to trim BAM alignments while preserving the CIGAR string (spliced alignment) information.

Best, --Yarden