[miso-users] Events with many gene annotations

Sol Katzman solkatzman at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 28 17:51:49 EDT 2013

Dear Yarden and Tyler,

A while back, I noticed some performance problems processing AFE/ALE events.

I extracted the distributions of the lengths of the "gene" items in the gff3
(hg19) event definitions. There are many (1100+/500+) AFE/ALE events over 1Mb in length.
Only a handful (10) such SE events.

I will send my stats in a follow-up email.

I think that the events longer than 1Mb are pretty questionable.

/Sol.