[miso-users] Creating custom indexed gff files

Yarden Katz yarden at MIT.EDU
Sat Aug 17 11:19:59 EDT 2013

Hi Sahin,

All GFF files must have the gene -> mRNA -> exon hierarchy, otherwise the GFF contains none of the relevant information needed by MISO.  The hierarchy encodes which exons belong to which mRNAs and the gene entries determine which mRNAs make up each of your events.  Without it, the GFF cannot be used at all, it would simply be a list of exons that are not grouped in any way.

  --Yarden