[miso-users] Required SAM format

Alexander Kanitz alexander.kanitz at alumni.ethz.ch
Fri Aug 16 14:49:33 EDT 2013

Dear Yarden,

thanks a lot for the info.

I have since looked at some recent TopHat outputs.

Since we are following quite a complicated (read: "sophisticated" ;)
mapping strategy (map against gen and trx, map the trx coordinates back to
gen, merge files, keep best alignments and discard non-unique primary
alignments), re-creating the SAM file was anyway required, and the
conversion to the required output should be easy.

Thanks a lot for your help and enjoy your travels!

Best,
Alex

Alexander Kanitz, Ph.D.

Winterthurerstrasse 358