[miso-users] Installing miso

Yarden Katz yarden at MIT.EDU
Mon Jul 29 21:02:00 EDT 2013

Hi,

I've never used Windows for development (or at all, really) but it looks like "easy_install" is choking on one of the files that comes with MISO, because it has colons/at signs in its name.  If the filename were quoted in the easy_install process this would be avoided but there's no way for you to fix that as a user of easy_install, as far as I know.  I would download the MISO package manually from pypi instead:

https://pypi.python.org/packages/source/m/misopy/misopy-0.4.9.tar.gz

Though there's still a chance that this filenames might cause problems on Windows.  Theoretically, they shouldn't because the paths are always quoted.

  --Yarden