[miso-users] MISO python library question

Yarden Katz yarden at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 22 11:19:20 EDT 2013

Hi Shannon,

If you're just trying to use your old settings file with the new version, then the solution is easy: just pass --settings-filename to "run_events_analysis.py" and give it the path to your old settings file.  Then it won't use the default settings file that came with the new version.

If you want to use your older version instead of the new one, you have to make sure that the path to your old version appears first in your PYTHONPATH -- e.g. that "/nas02/home/y/t/ytsai/pylibs/lib/python2.6/site-packages/" appears before "/nas02/apps/python-2.6.5/lib/python2.6/site-packages/" and similarly for the "bin" dir containing the executable scripts "run_events_analysis.py", "run_miso.py", etc.

One solution is to install all packages using easy_install/pip in "~/.local".  Then the executable scripts go into ~/.local/bin and all you need to do is:

# Use your local executables before the system ones
export PATH=~/.local/bin/:$PATH

And similarly for PYTHONPATH, although Python knows to load packages from ~/.local/ first.

  --Yarden