[miso-users] RuntimeWarning: Long inserted/deleted alignment

Yarden Katz yarden at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 15 09:15:34 EDT 2013

Hi Lee,

This is generally fine -- it means that you have alignments with cigar strings with insertions/deletions in their alignment.  These are ignored by MISO (i.e. indels not supported), but it still outputs the warning.  So it's okay to have these reads there, but they won't be used for inference, since they technically don't match the annotated isoforms.

If you use an aligner that doesn't output indels, or if you turn indel alignment off, these should go away.

Best, --Yarden