[miso-users] Why are exon-centric events always involving two isoforms?

Yarden Katz yarden at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 23 22:43:50 EST 2013

Further clarification: exon-centric as we use it generally means two isoforms, but it doesn't have to.  If you have an exon that is alternatively skipped, but also contains an alternative splice site to one of its flanking exons, you can choose to look at this as a multi-isoform event containing 4 isoforms.  You can build that into your own GFF annotation.  Then when you run MISO for that event, you'd get a vector of 4 Psi values, one for each isoform, instead of just a single number.

  --Yarden