[miso-users] Identifying novel isoforms

Yarden Katz yarden at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 23 13:10:53 EDT 2012

Hi Warren,

MISO does not provide transcript assembly / annotation.  For that, I recommend looking into a transcript assembly tool like Scripture.  Any transcript annotation tool can output a format like GFF (or one easily convertable to GFF) which you can then use with MISO for quantitation and/or plotting with sashimi plot.

We're currently working on a new pipeline for annotation alternative events that will take as input the kinds of formats produced by transcript assembly programs, and from them derive a set of event annotations (i.e. a categorization of skipped exons, retained introns, and so on.)  You might be interested in these scripts as well when they are released.

Best, --Yarden