[miso-users] new miso/sashimi_plot features

Yarden Katz yarden at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 1 19:02:07 EST 2012

Brief news -- release misopy 0.4.1 is out -- contains mainly feature updates including:

1. gene coordinates information being outputted by MISO in summary/comparison files (chromosome, strand, and mRNA start/end coordinates) to make it easier to intersect with gene tables when the event name does not include the coordinates -- e.g. for AFE/ALE.

2. sashimi_plot updates:

  (a) consistent y-scaling for sashimi_plots: if ymax omitted, it will pick a y-axis whose max is set by the maximum sample being plotted. This allows samples to be compared without setting ymax manually for each event.

  (b) plotting of read densities across any gene model in sashimi plot (not just events)

  (c) better visualization of MISO posterior estimates: more subtle, thinner x-axes / ticks

3. (documented) support for running MISO on SGE clusters (Thanks to Michael Lovci for this feature.)

4. optional choosing of filenames for summary/comparison files (rather than default use of directory basename)

Includes minor bugfixes also, like correct inclusion of all test files in pypi package.

See:

  http://genes.mit.edu/burgelab/miso/docs/index.html

We also have a slightly revised set of alternative event annotations for mm9/hg18.  If you'd like to test these out, let me know.

  Best, --Yarden