[miso-users] New annotation for alt cleavage and polyadenylation events (in GFF)

Yarden Katz yarden at MIT.EDU
Thu Dec 20 23:09:40 EST 2012

Hi all,

Bin Tian group's just published a new method and annotation for alternative cleavage & polyadenylation events in mouse, using the 3'READS sequencing method (described in "Analysis of alternative cleavage and polyadenylation by 3′ region extraction and deep sequencing", http://www.nature.com/nmeth/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nmeth.2288.html).

They kindly made their annotation available in the GFF3 format that MISO uses, and it's now available here:

http://genes.mit.edu/burgelab/miso/docs/#expanded-alternative-cleavage-and-polyadenylation-annotation-for-mouse

The annotated events are Tandem UTRs and alternative last exons (TandemUTR and ALE) in the mouse genome (mm9).

I haven't tried it out yet on our own RNA-Seq data, but it looks promising.  Let me know if you try it out and have any thoughts on the annotation.

Best, --Yarden