[miso-users] Read trimming resulting in different read lengths

Yarden Katz yarden at MIT.EDU
Tue Dec 4 09:22:41 EST 2012

Dear Guenter,

At the moment MISO only supports fixed read lengths -- so all reads must have the same read length, including both mates in each paired-end read.  I recommend trimming the reads to the shortest fixed length that you find to be of high quality, mapping the trimmed reads this way with Tophat, and giving MISO the fixed read length in "--read-len".

Best, --Yarden