[miso-users] miso read-len parameter for pairedEnd reads with different lengths

Yarden Katz yarden at MIT.EDU
Sun Dec 2 12:50:22 EST 2012

Dear Sol,

I would recommend trimming read1 to 58bp, remapping, and passing MISO "--read-len 58".  If remapping is undesirable, then you can run just read1 as single-end like you suggested, but you'd lose the coverage from the other read mate, which if trimmed could also contribute to your single-end run.  Right now MISO does not support mixed read lengths, either within a pair or across pairs.

It's on my list to enforce more stringent error checking on this within MISO, to ensure that the --read-len parameter matches the BAM read length.

Best, --Yarden