[Macpartners] Acrobat 9 Pro on macOS Sierra?

John-Elmer Canfield canfield at mit.edu
Sat Jul 30 00:44:16 EDT 2016

Has anyone else tried to use Acrobat 9 Pro on macOS Sierra? If you have, could you please tell me whether the Comment & Markup tools are present?

For me, they have totally disappeared. The top-level "Comments" menu is completely missing, the "Collaborate" menu is missing from the "File" menu, and both the "Typewriter" and "Comments & Markup" menus are missing from the "Tools" menu.

Looking at "About Adobe Plug-Ins..." shows that the "Comments" plug-in in present and certified. I tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling Acrobat, but it did not fix the problem.

I think it began when I installed macOS Sierra (which is still in beta), but I'm not sure. It certainly seems peculiar that an OS update would cause specific menu items to just disappear from an application which otherwise runs correctly, so I'm wondering if there's something else wrong with my system.

It would be very helpful to know if the Comment tools are working with Acrobat 9 Pro for anyone on macOS Sierra.

 - – —

In case you're wondering, the only reason I use Acrobat 9 is for the "Paste Clipboard Image as Stamp" tool — I've never been able to get it to work in Acrobat X, XI, or DC. If you know that trick, I would love to know it too!

Thanks,

Elmer