[Macpartners] Home Directory Library is invisible

Oliver Thomas othomas at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 19 18:56:45 EDT 2012

Hi Carolyn,

It ships hidden by default in Lion. If you just need to get to it, holding down the Option key while clicking on the "Go" menu in the Finder will show you your Library folder as one of the places you can go to.

If you want to make it permanently visible, you can run:

	chflags nohidden ~/Library

from a Terminal window. ("chflags hidden ~/Library" will revert it back to hidden if you need it.) See Hermes at http://kb.mit.edu/confluence/x/BABOAg for more details.

Best,

Oliver