[Macpartners] online network backup for Mac?

Alex T Prengel alexp at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 17 17:32:05 EDT 2010

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with online, automatic network backup
services for Macs like Carbonite or Mozy? This would be for a personally
owned machine by someone who is not technically inclined, so I'm looking
for something easy to use that can be fully automated. Something
conceptually similar to TSM would do (the machine isn't eligible for a
TSM account).

The machine is an older Power Mac and I believe Carbonite won't run on
it. A local backup to USB drive is not what is wanted, nor something
like Dropbox or Wuala- I'm looking for a complete, remote system backup.
I'm most interested in a company that offers a flat rate for unlimited
backups. Helpful phone tech support would be a big plus. I've heard
there are other services for Macs but don't know anything about them...

                                   Thanks in advance,

                                            Alex