[Macpartners] Leopard and printers

William Litant wlitant at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 30 19:41:19 EST 2008

Same here. Interestingly, no probs with an upgraded MacBook Pro, but
print problems of all sorts with an upgraded G5, particularly with
Adobe applications, printing to an HP 4550N.
On Jan 30, 2008, at 4:49 PM, Samuel Jay Keyser wrote:

> Dear Mac Partners,
>
> Being an early early adapter, I cast caution to the winds and
> downloaded Leopard.  I know MIT will catch up soon, but as I said, I'm
> impatient.  Anyway, it works fine with my setup (Powerbook G4).   But
> I have discovered a glitch which I pass on to all of you.  If you have
> an older printer (I have a HP Deskjet 990cse), the built-in drivers
> only allow basic functions.  So you are in jeopardy of losing some
> useful printer functions if you download Leopard.  For example, my
> deskjet could do two-sided printing on OS 10.4.1, but not on OS10.5.1.
>
> Forewarned is forearmed.
>
> Jay

William T.G. Litant
communications director
Aeronautics and Astronautics Dept.
and
Partnership for AiR Transportation Noise and Emissions Reduction
37-395
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02139