[Macpartners] FileMaker Pro 9 on Leopard Server

Cecilia Marra cmarra at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 15 16:50:11 EST 2008

Hi Allan,

If you are trying to run IWP with FM Pro (the client), which limits you to 5 connections, it's
possible that FMP9 is incompatible with Leopard OSX *Server*, as opposed to the Leopard client OS,
with all the patches you've added.  Tech Specs for FMPro9 listed at
http://www.filemaker.com/products/fmp/tech_specs.html don't include OSX Server as a supported OS.

Now, if you're trying to host a database with IWP using FileMaker *Server* 9, FMS9 is not yet
compatible with Leopard.  A patch is expected from FMI soon.  More information on tech specs for
FMS9 can be found at http://www.filemaker.com/products/fms/tech_specs.html.

Of course, in spite of what the Pro (client) tech specs say, if you are running FM client on Server
os, it could be something trivial, like you don't have apache turned on...

Hope that helps a little.
Cecilia

Cecilia Marra
Web and Database Consultant
Departmental Consulting and Application Development (DCAD)
Information Services and Technology
cmarra at mit.edu