[Macpartners] Help with App crashing and printer drivers

Scott R Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Sat Jun 17 09:04:03 EDT 2006

I have an HP Color Laserjet 3800 and two G4s that I recently upgraded to Tiger
with all patches.   Both were connected to the HP via Rendevous.   The formerly
10.2 system has various applications crash (textedit, Eudora, Mozilla,
Powerpoint etc) whenever the printer is even selected.   A copy/printer, when
selected, works like a charm.

The formerly 10.3.9 system works flawlessly (so far).

Any ideas of where to look?   I obtained the 3800 driver from HP and installed
it on each Mac, too.   I tried to switch from Bonjour to IP-based, but the
problem 10.4 install didn't care - the apps still crashed.

Thanks for any help.

Scott